"Every day we are called to small things with Great Love."

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Master of Arts in Special Education

Three years ago I (Julie) started a new journey in my life. After Joshua and I returned from TJ (doing missions work) . We found out that we were pregnant with J, and through that pregnancy we prayed and prayed that God would lead us down his path.

With J in womb, God returned a desire that I once had, it was to teach. Not only to teach, but to teach students with special needs. You see, when I first went to college right after High school I wanted to become a teacher, but God spoke very clearly to me that I needed to teach, but to teach students in a youth ministry setting, and then in a missions setting. With much hesitation, I gave in and listened. It is not the easiest thing to give up your plans, but we must take up our cross and follow him...so I did. We had amazing times doing ministry, and we sure learned a lot about relying on Our Maker.


It is so amazing how God works. When you rely on him and give him ALL your trust, and follow his lead he will give you back the desire of your heart with a Go ahead. That's what he did for me and for us! It was then that I applied and was accepted into the Credential/Masters program at Azusa Pacific University.

It was not easy sitting in 4 hour night classes as a huge prego lady, and then taking many online classes with little J at home, and then still taking those classes while I was prego with Janna. The learning was good, but tough. Every class I took lead me more and more to believe that I was in the right place at the right time. God blessed me with amazing professors that taught me a whole lot about teaching. I realized that teaching is also ministry, just a different ministry setting.


Well here we are three years later :) I have now finished my credential and on May 9th I graduated with my Masters of Arts in Special Education! The road was long and tough! But it was very much worth it. God gave me the guidance and strength to get through. Joshua, J and Janna had so much patience. Joshua and my mom gave me much support! Who knows when I will get back to teaching. Now I am teaching my kiddos at home. But when I do return I am ready and have much passion to make a difference in students lives.
~ Here are some pictures ~


Mom and I after my honors reception

Joshua and I- he gave me so much support

My medal
All my Special Education Professors


Walking across the stage :)

Receiving that Diploma

The Family

Mel, Lincoln and I

My Mom and I

Grandma and I

My brother his wife Erin and I

My Dad and I


1 comment:

Clark Family said...

Hi there... I am soo proud of you!!! I had no idea that you were going to school this whole time. That is seriously amazing!! Some days simply caring for our three little lads seems like my max! But like you said, god is faithful to carry us through whatever he has called us to do! You go girl!! I am so proud!!! Love ya, Kacy